Royal Blue & White
Origins of the game in Crumlin
As far back as the 1740’s Hurling was to be seen in Crumlin. The village was bordered by an area of “Common Land”. The most important game recorded at Crumlin Common was in 1748, between hurlers representing Leinster and Munster, a game which Leinster won by a late goal.Club History
Crumlin Independents were set up in the early 1900’s and lasted until 1935. St. Agnes’s Football Club was set up in 1932, to be followed by St. Columba’s Hurling Club in 1945. These two clubs catered for their respective games until the end of 1969, when they amalgamated to form Crumlin Hurling and Football Club. In late 1979 a new addition to the club took place when it was joined by Cúchulainn Camogie Club, which had operated in the area since 1967. In 2007 the Club was renamed Crumlin GAA Club.Facilities
Club playing pitches are located in Willie Pearse Park in Crumlin Village, and the clubhouse, which was opened in 1983 is located at Lorcan O'Toole Park.Honours
- Dublin Senior Hurling Champions 1978 and 1979
- Leinster Club Hurling Champions 1979
- Dublin Minor Football Champions 1976
- Dublin Minor Hurling Champions 1976
- All Ireland Club Camogie Champions 1985
- Dublin Junior Football Champions 2006
- Dublin Junior Hurling Champions 2006,2007
In terms of Adult games, Crumlin currently have three Hurling teams (Senior, Junior B and Junior C),two Football Teams (Intermediate and Junior)and an Intermediate Camogie team. In addition, the club has a thriving juvenile section, with children from 8 year upwards playing Hurling, Football and Camogie.Notable Members
- Brian McMahon from Crumlin was, in 1990, the last Dublin hurler to get an All Star award.
- In 2007 former Dublin Hurling Manager Jim Boggan was awarded the inaugural Dublin Hurling Hall of Fame Award for a lifetime contribution to Dublin Hurling.